The solar plexus or the third chakra is called the Manipura, and this means a lustrous gem. This is a Sanskrit word and is found in the belly button area. This is where you have self-esteem and energy and where you can change. This controls your metabolism as well.
When you feel that you are strong and confident and you are motivated to change and to be healthy, your chakra is open and balanced. When you are now able to love yourself or you have a hard time controlling what you do or making decisions then your chakra is probably blocked.
Elements of the Solar Plexus
If you want to understand this chakra, you need to understand the elements of it:
- Element: Fire.
- Color: Yellow
- Location: Found by the belly button.
Making Your Inner Fire Strong
When you want to make your dreams and your desires come true, you are able to reach them. You know that you have to start small and that you have to work on making things bigger. The fire inside of you is found in the third chakra and this means that you want to reach your goals.
No matter what kind of power you have, the third chakra will help you to reach your goals by helping you to have a purpose and to not put things off. When you don’t know what you are feeling and you need guidance, you can meditate and do this:
- Find a quiet place and close your eyes.
- Put your hand on your stomach area.
- Think of a problem you are dealing with. How does it make you feel.
- When you feel lightness in the stomach area, you are opening up the solar plexus.
The digestive system and the solar plexus is part of the Agni or the digestive fire. This needs to stay open so that you can be healthy and strong. Here is how to keep it burning:
- Drink things that are not iced down.
- Eat two cups of food at each meal.
- Don’t overeat.
- Do not eat spicy things.
- Drink some water while eating but not beer or soda.
- Let your stomach have a rest between meals without snacks.
Increasing the Metabolism
The solar plexus takes care of your digestion and metabolism and so you can make these things stronger by doing these things:
- Keep your spine tall and relax.
- Breathe in and out.
- Keep the lower stomach strong.
- Count in and out as you work your stomach muscles.
- Do this 10 or 20 times each day.
Balancing the Solar Plexus
You can do things to balance the solar plexus such as do yoga poses such as the boat pose.
You can also use the mantra RAM that you can chant to open up this chakra.
Wear things out of your closet that are yellow or gold because these colors correspond with the solar plexus. You can also eat things that are those colors, or you can use stones such as the Tiger’s Eye, Labradorite or the Topaz to give you power in your life and to boost your self-esteem.